TAPS 2016 SCHOLARSHIP OFFERED
Posted by Texas Paralegal Division Blogger at firstname.lastname@example.org on March 29, 2016
For the upcoming 2016 Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar (TAPS), a three-day CLE seminar, the PARALEGAL DIVISION of the State Bar of Texas will award up to two (2) educational scholarships for the three-day registration to attend the TAPS 2016 seminar, “Setting the Pace,” presented September 28-30, 2016 in San Antonio, Texas.
Below please find the guidelines and application for applying for this scholarship.
- The Recipient must be a member (or apply for membership) of the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas.
- To apply for a TAPS scholarship, the applicant is required to give a written essay on the following:
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. -Henry Ford
When you run a part of the relay and pass on the baton, there is no sense of unfinished business in your mind. There is just the sense of having done your part to the best of your ability. That is it. The hope is to pass on the baton to somebody who will run faster and run a better marathon. -N. R. Narayana Murthy, chairman and CEO, Infosys Technologies
Setting the pace and teamwork. As paralegals, we set the pace running the first leg of the law firm relay race. From intake to litigation to trial, including events in between and beyond, paralegals are poised to research and prepare the attorney in a myriad of areas and to work together for the benefit of the client. State how you currently contribute or would contribute to the law office to “set the pace” to effectively increase the role and utilization of the paralegal in an attorney-paralegal team.
The essay must be two (2) pages in length and double-spaced.
- To apply for a TAPS scholarship, the applicant is required to provide two (2) letters of personal references, which describe the applicant’s involvement in the paralegal profession.
- Financial need shall be a contributing factor, but not a requirement. However, if two or more applicants are tied in meeting the criteria for the scholarship, financial need shall be the determining factor.
- Recipient(s) are required to volunteer a minimum of three hours on-site during the event.
- No money will be sent directly to the recipient.
- The scholarship for TAPS shall cover the cost of the three-day registration.
- The scholarship selection committee for reviewing scholarship applications for TAPS shall be composed of the Chair of the TAPS Planning Committee, one Planning Committee Sub-Committee Chair, and the Board Advisor to the TAPS Planning Committee.
The Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas will award scholarships for TAPS 2016 which will cover the cost of registration in accordance with the TAPS scholarship guidelines.
TAPS 2016 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
IMPORTANT: ALL APPLICATIONS FOR A SCHOLARSHIP FOR TAPS 2016 MUST BE RECEIVED BY TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2016. DATE OF TAPS 2016: September 28-30, 2016, San Antonio, TX
Name PD Membership No.
Home Telephone E-mail Address
Work Telephone Fax Number
Are you a member of a local paralegal organization that offers a scholarship award?
Give a detailed description of your reason for seeking a scholarship to TAPS 2016: _____________________________________________
Give a detailed description, if any, for your reasons for financial need: _______________________________________________
Attach two (2) personal references and your written essay to this application. Applications should be mailed to: Megan Goor, Scholarship Chair of the TAPS Planning Committee, The Brender Law Firm, 600 Eighth Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104-2020 or email to: email@example.com Scholarship recipients will be notified by letter or email by August 1, 2016.
Attach any additional explanations
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.